fredag 23. september 2011

One of the better nights out

So, for long we had been planning to go to this concert that took place yesterday. We of course went, which I am extremely happy for.

As we thought at first, it would be just a DJ set planned by Martin Rev (From Suicide) and Steen Jørgensen (from Sort Sol). But shortly after we got to know that there would be live bands, and one of the bands was Chainsaw Eaters. Hearing that, I just thought to myself that this night was already perfect. The other band playing was Less Win, which I had never heard of. Then, a few days before the night, we got to know that Martin Rev was not planing any DJ set. No, he was gonna play live. Awesome!

So we came to the place yesterday evening. The background music was some kind of jazz, which didn't surprise Christoffer. He poked my side and said "I knew he would make a DJ set like this. When I was working at TP Music he always came to buy jazz".

It didn't take long before the bands came on. First was Chainsaw Eaters, and it is no secret that I love their music. Next was Less Win. The played good, but I didn't find them super interesting. Though, I was very entertained by their look. Then, the last one to go on stage, Martin Rev. Honestly, I don't know where to start. The guy is 72 years old, and he dress up like a 15 years old. On stage you can see a keyboard, and well, you would expect someone playing nicely and normally with their fingers. No, he used his fist, and hit the keyboard. Amazingly enough, he seemed to play it all correctly.

After the concert, I and Anastasija agreed on that Martin Rev was playing like Lenore, which is my boyfriends cat (you know the funny thing cats does with their front feet when they are cuddly). I later on went over to Martin and told him this, which made him happy (I guess) and he started to tell me about how smart cats are, for then to invite me and my friends backstage. Christoffer ended up talking to Steen Jørgensen, where he was told that Sort Sol will play near where we live. Really nice, as I want to see them again. Especially as I didn't see them last time I were supposed to, as I got ill.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar